For more videos, rollmio.com
How to use this with students
This seems like the ideal site to build a project around and get your students creating and uploading their own advertisements. You could even try to win the prize for your school.
- You might need to do some preparation work first discussing their favourite ads what they like about the etc.
- Then you'll also need to do a bit of analysis of ads thinking about who the target of the ad is and the kind of profile of people the company wants to sell to etc.
- You could also get your students to think about advertising techniques and genre of advertisements (story like, expert, celebrity endorsement etc)
- Your students could then discuss and story board a possible advertisement and decide who will do what in the production of the advertisement.
- Then if you have a camera try to get them to film, edit and upload the ads (If you have young learners make sure you get the parents permission before uploading anything)
- You can see the latest creative brief here: http://rollmio.com/projects/brief/4
- You could even use celtx with your students to help develop your project
- If you don't have filming facilities / camera then you could just get your students to have a look at the ones that have been made in the archive and decide which they think is most effective / which will win.
What I liked about the site
- Really attractive and user friendly interface
- Really very authentic, motivating and a chance to make some money!!
- It's free
- It's easy to get an embed code so that you can add the videos to your own materials if you don't want your students to actually view the site.
- Still early days for this site, so it could be a huge success or by the time you read this it may have disappeared along with a great many other Web 2.0 type sites!!